Ely Photographic Club extends a warm welcome to all photographers, or people wanting to take up this hobby. Formed in 1974 the club now has over 30 Members. We have a varied programme throughout the season that includes the following:
- Talks and presentations from experienced photographers about their speciality or special places they have visited with the emphasis on them sharing how they approach their photography to help to improve your skills.
- Workshops run by external photographers or experienced Members to help improve your camera craft and processing skills, utilising software programs such as Photoshop, Lightroom, Nik etc.
- We have a new Members evening at the start of the season, Xmas and end of season social events which are aimed at helping new Members to get to know existing Members. We also have an awards presentation at the end of the season.
- We have Projected Digital Image (PDI) competitions where members can enter up to 3 images and have these judged by external qualified Judges. This is a great way to have your work critiqued in a safe environment with like-minded people and will help to develop your skills.
- Similarly, we have Print competitions where Members print and mount their work, and these then go through the same judging process.
- We hold a print exhibition in Ely cathedral during August where members can showcase their work.
- For more experienced photographers, you can make your Images and Prints available to the Club for selection in external competitions against other clubs.
- We have several experienced Members that are happy to share their expertise to help fellow Members to develop their photographic skills. We have some “evening shoots” during the summer where a group of us meet up to photograph local scenes, and potential Members are encouraged to attend these events. We meet at Ely College in Needhams Hall on Wednesday evenings from 7.30pm to 9.30pm during September to June, (excluding school holidays). Our annual subscription costs £35 (pro-rata rates apply during the season) and £1 per evening that you attend for Members. We encourage potential new Members to come along on 2/3 occasions as a Guest for a fee of £3 per evening before joining, to see if our Club meets your expectations. You are welcome to just turn up on an evening when you are free, but it’s probably best to contact our Club Secretary Nick Bowman beforehand, who can provide you with more information.
Nick can be contacted on:
Mobile: 07976 642189
|Chairman||Kevin Pigney||07944 email@example.com|
|Secretary||Nick Bowman||07976 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Print Competition Secretary||Kevin Pigney||07944 email@example.com|
|PDI competition Secretary||James Billingsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Webmaster||Phil Lenney||07739 848871|
|Committee Member||Rita Bickell|
|Committee Member||David Monteith|
Member Website links
Several of our members have websites of their own – listed below are some of these, but again this list will be added to over a period of time. Club members who would like their web presence listed here should advise the club, providing their URL.