Whilst the Club have been meeting up via the Zoom videoconferencing app for the last couple of years, we are planning to recommence meeting up in person once again from the new season that starts in September 2022, although some presentations will continue to be held via Zoom. Face to face meetings and competitions will be held at the Adelaide Hall at Ely College.
Ely Photographic Club extends a warm welcome to all photographers, or people wanting to take up this hobby. Formed in 1974, the club currently has nearly 50 Members. We have a varied and interesting programme of events throughout the season that can be viewed on our Events Page, and which include the following types of event:
- Talks and presentations from experienced photographers about their speciality, or special places they have visited, with the emphasis on them sharing how they approach their photography. These talks can include speakers from farther away, as the Zoom app means that distance from them to us is not an issue
- Workshops run by external photographers or experienced Members to help improve your photographic and processing skills, utilising software programs such as Photoshop, Lightroom, Nik etc. We also have our monthly Advanced Photography Group meetings, which aim to help members improve their image taking and post-processing skills
- We have Projected Digital Image (PDI) competitions where members can enter up to 3 images and have these judged by external qualified Judges. This is a great way to have your work critiqued in a safe environment with like-minded people, and it will help to develop your skill in putting together a well presented competition image
- We have Print competitions where Members print and mount their own work, and these are also judged by external qualified judges. From 2022 these print events, which had been suspended during Covid, will be reinstated in our programme of events.
- We usually try to run an exhibition of members prints each year in the autumn, dependant on the availability of a venue, and in 2022 we are hoping to run this for 2 weeks at the Babylon Gallery in Ely. Members are able to sell their prints at this exhibition.
- We have several experienced Members that are happy to share their expertise to help fellow Members develop their photographic skills. We also have some informal evening and daytime meet-ups during the summer where club members meet up to photograph local scenes, as well as other meetings which are open to potential new members. These meeting will be publicised on our Events page on this website also.
The club normally meets at the Adelaide Hall at Ely College on Wednesday evenings from 7.30pm to 9.30pm during September to May, excluding school holidays. Our annual membership subscription for the new 2022/23 season will be £55 p.a. (pro-rata rates apply for people joining during the season) and we would encourage potential new members to come along on up to 3 occasions as a guest before deciding whether to join, to see if our Club meets your expectations. Guest fees are charged at £3/session, although Zoom events are free of charge. If you wish to do this it is best to contact us in advance and we can provide you with more information.
If you would like more information about the club or you are thinking about joining us, please get in touch by filling in the ‘Contact Us’ form on this website. We will then respond to you as quickly as possible.
|Position||Name||Mobile number||Email address|
|Club Secretary||Phil Lenneyemail@example.com|
|Programme Secretary||Sharon Powellfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|PDI Secretary (Joint role)||John Harvey/Kim Jonesemail@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Print Secretary||Kevin Pigneyemail@example.com|
|External Competitions Secretaries||Kevin Pigney/Sharon Powell/Nick Bowmanfirstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com|
|Social Media Organiser||Glynis Piersonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Advanced Photography Group Organiser||John Harveyemail@example.com|
|Outings Organiser||Chris Crossfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Assistant Outing organiser||Viv Houghtonemail@example.com|
Member Website links
Some of our members also have websites of their own which are listed below, but again this list will be added to over time. Club members who would like their web presence listed here should advise the club, providing their URL details.